Project Manager to Support Mission-Driven Clients
Are you a self-starter who is passionate about making a difference in the world? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment? Are you excited to learn new skills and work on a wide variety of projects? If so, consider joining our team at Due East Partners.
Position Vital Stats
Salary: Commensurate with experience • Benefits: Competitive package, including health care, retirement, and potential for hybrid/remote work • Hours: Full-time, Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm • Office Location: Annapolis, MD • Start Date: Summer 2022
About Due East
We are committed to growing a diverse team and an inclusive work environment. As people and professionals, we foster equity, agency, belonging, and community in who we are and everything we do.
Located in Annapolis, with an international footprint, Due East is a rapidly growing firm with over 30 years of experience driving nonprofits, foundations, businesses, public agencies, and collaboratives to achieve equitable and measurable impact in their markets and missions. Our team of seasoned professionals works closely with leaders, organizational staff, and communities to boldly envision, thoughtfully plan, and successfully execute growth strategies. We offer a flexible work environment that emphasizes equity and inclusion, supports professional growth, and welcomes innovative thinking. Our core services include strategic planning, multi-sector collaboration, and corporate community engagement. Searh our website to learn more about our approach, leaders, and current team.
Our Advisors play a critical role in supporting our Partners and Senior Advisors in advancing projects, creating high-quality client deliverables, and helping to manage internal operations. Fundamentally, this is a “utility player” role that requires strong time and project management skills, great attention to detail, and the ability to juggle a variety of duties and assignments while closely communicating with Partners, team members, and clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan and manage project workflows, project management platforms, and client meeting scheduling
- Regularly communicate progress to internal and external team members and prepare and participate in regular progress updates with clients
- Assist in designing, coordinating, and preparing for meetings
- Support Due East Partners and/or other Advisors in producing concise and well-written meeting summaries or “captures”, client presentations, reports, and other deliverables
- Gather data through interviews and secondary research
- Develop input gathering tools and perform quantitative and qualitative data analysis and synthesis
- Assist in the development of high-impact, user-friendly tools and products for clients
- Refine current and develop new innovative tools that improve project management and ease of use
- Interact regularly with other Due East Advisors to coordinate work and support other projects as needed
- Assist in coordinating Due East webinars and team meetings, and maintaining Due East’s brand through content development
- Demonstrate a commitment to Due East’s values – equity, agency, and belonging – in all communications, interactions, engagements, and collaborations and support the team as we work together to advance equity in all of our practices and policies
- Support in maintaining functional internal office operations and troubleshoot as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of relevant experience, preferably including experience working with the nonprofit or public sector and/or a consulting firm
- Experience working directly with or in spaces that serve individuals who self-identify as Black, Indigenous, and People of Color
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office platforms (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and willingness to learn cloud-based project management and communications software (Monday.com, Basecamp, Slack, Hubspot)
- Enthusiastic, self-starter – anticipates what’s needed and enlists help in a timely fashion
- Great collaborator who is eager and willing to work with team members and clients to support projects and generate ideas and innovative approaches
- Excellent organizational, administrative, analytical skills, and creative problem-solving
- Keen attention to detail and ability to prioritize while handling multiple projects
- Ability to meet deadlines while juggling multiple assignments
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and ability to support client relationships
Interested applicants should send a brief (max 2 pages) resume or professional bio and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 29.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Due East Partners is a women-owned business and an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin or citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.