Administrative Associate and Operations Coordinator
Are you a go-getter who is passionate about making a positive impact in your community? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, fluid environment? Are you excited to learn new skills and work on a wide variety of projects? If so, consider joining our team at Due East Partners.
Position Vital Stats
Hours: Full Time
Start Date: June 2019
Office Location: Annapolis, MD
About Due East
Located in Annapolis with a national footprint, Due East has over 25 years’ experience driving nonprofits, foundations and businesses to achieve excellence in their markets and missions. Our team of seasoned professionals works arm in arm with organizational staff and leaders to boldly envision, thoughtfully plan, and successfully execute growth strategies. Our core services include: growth strategy and guided implementation, cross-sector collaboration, corporate community engagement, leadership development and fundraising. Visit our website to learn more about our approach and our current team.
We are seeking to expand our team with an entry level Administrative Associate and Operations Coordinator. This full time position will primarily support Due East’s internal operations with periodic support for external client projects. The Administrative Associate will join our expanding consulting team and focus on providing administrative support to both of our Partners and managing the general operations of our office. The Administrative Assistant will deliver exceptional client and team services to support all aspects of our work.
Fundamentally, this is a critical “utility player” role that will require juggling a variety of different duties and assignments and communicating closely with all team members to confirm expectations and priorities. This is an exciting opportunity for a recent college graduate who is eager to gain experience in management consulting and the nonprofit sector.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage office operations and infrastructure
- Greet visitors, answer incoming phone calls, and respond promptly to all other inquiries
- Assist with scheduling and managing internal calendars
- Support external communications and marketing efforts (social media, surveys, website maintenance, CRM management etc.)
- Manage Due East technology platforms and systems
- Support HR manager with on-boarding new team members
- Support financial manager in tracking expenses and receivables and organizing documents and reports
- Coordinate internal team meetings and communications
- Oversee inventory of office supplies and purchase supplies, as needed
- Manage client meeting scheduling
- Support preparation for client meetings including producing presentations, handouts and all other materials
- Participate in client meetings and assist in set-up, note-taking, and produce meeting summaries
- Support advisors and partners in producing and refining “client ready” deliverables using the full Microsoft Office suite
- Manage Due East sponsored events and gatherings for external audiences
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of relevant experience preferably including experience working within the nonprofit sector and/or a consulting firm (for recent college graduates, relevant volunteer or summer work experience is acceptable)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office platforms (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Enthusiastic, self-starter – anticipates what’s needed and enlists help in a timely fashion
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and analytical skills and creative problem-solving
- Keen attention to detail and ability to prioritize while handling multiple projects
- Ability to meet deadlines while juggling multiple assignments
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and ability to support client relationships
Interested applicants should send a brief (max 2 pages) resume or professional bio and cover letter to email@example.com by April 30.