Are you a go-getter who is passionate about making a positive impact in your community? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, fluid environment? Are you excited to learn new skills and work on a wide variety of projects? If so, consider joining our team at Due East Partners.
Are you an entrepreneurial leader who is passionate about making a difference in the world? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment? Are you excited to lead a wide variety of projects and build the capacity and effectiveness of mission-driven organizations across the social sector? If so, consider joining our team at Due East Partners.
Position Vital Stats
Salary: Senior-level, commensurate with experience • Benefits: Competitive package including health and retirement benefits • Hours: Full Time • Office Location: Annapolis, MD • Start Date: Winter/Spring 2021
Interested applicants should send a brief (max 2 pages) resume, professional bio and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Due East
Located in Annapolis with a national footprint, Due East is a rapidly growing firm with over 25 years’ experience driving nonprofits, foundations and businesses to achieve excellence in their markets and missions. Our team of seasoned professionals works arm in arm with organizational staff and leaders to boldly envision, thoughtfully plan, and successfully execute growth strategies. We offer a flexible work environment that supports professional growth and invites innovative thinking. Our core services include: strategic planning, organizational development, cross-sector collaboration, corporate community engagement, leadership development and fundraising. Visit our website to learn more about our approach, leaders and current team.
We are seeking to expand our team with a talented, high-performing senior-level consultant who will lead in designing and guiding strategic growth strategies for nonprofits, public agencies and collective impact initiatives. The Senior Advisor will focus on managing project design, high-level meeting facilitation, strategic planning and organizational development for multiple organizations in our region and nationally. S/he will devise and execute business development plans, working closely with our Partners and team members to develop proposals and presentations to potential clients. The ideal candidate will be able to successfully and efficiently juggle a variety of projects, working closely with clients and Due East team members to meet or exceed expectations for all projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead client’s board and staff through planning and organizational change processes
- Build authentic, mutually-beneficial client relationships
- Develop and lead project work flows and budgets
- Lead a project team of Due East advisors and others to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Assess the organizational strengths and challenges of client organizations and guide their strategic growth including leadership/governance, visibility, business model and organizational capacity
- Identify and articulate potential pathways for clients to consider to maximize their impact
- Conduct primary research through interviews as well as analysis of secondary research
- Review and summarize data, including surveys, research reports and client background
- Generate creative insights and action-oriented recommendations
- Draft easy-to-follow “roadmaps (aka, strategic, operational and project plans) to channel effort and guide resource investment
- Design and facilitate interactive, engaging meetings that invite diverse voices and perspectives including board, staff and key stakeholders, especially people with lived/living experience
- Write and deliver high-impact presentations and reports summarizing analysis and recommendations
- Lead, along with the Partners, business development for Due East including meetings with prospective clients and development of detailed proposals, scopes of works, and project budgets
- Represent Due East Partners at conferences and convenings
- Prepare client fundraising materials, including strategic and tactical development plans, marketing and donor materials, case statements, appeal letters and major gift proposals
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred)
- 10+ years in relevant fields, preferably in client-facing or business development roles in a consulting firm, social sector, organizational development or journalism
- Adept facilitator – ability to lead large groups and think on your feet in meetings
- Demonstrated track record of successful relationship management
- Experience leading board retreats and strategic planning
- Works well in teams and independently
- Works effectively within diverse organizational cultures and types of leadership, including grassroots/community, nonprofit board, elected, corporate, civic and faith leaders
- Resourceful, self-starter – anticipates what’s needed and finds creative ways to overcome obstacles
- Able to meet deadlines while juggling multiple client projects and deliverables
- Excellent writer with acumen to analyze complex organizational issues
- Knowledge of data analysis and both quantitative and qualitative research techniques
- Presents complex concepts and recommendations in concise, salient, and visually-compelling ways
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills
- A great listener with ability to communicate with people of varied perspectives
- Proven organizational and coordination skills with consistent attention to detail
- Self-reflective and committed to professional growth
- Outstanding integrity, always seeks to do the right thing for the client and Due East
Equal Opportunity Employer
Due East Partners is a women-owned business and an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin or citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.